So you want to sell your home? We can help prepare you!
Just like everything else, selling your home takes preparation. The Cowan Connection Team would like to make it as stress-free as possible and help you avoid any issues that may arise during the escrot period.
We believe in checklists and have created one especially for you, the home seller. Use the checklist below to be organized during the beginning phase of getting your home ready for the market.
Checklist for Preparing to Sell Your Home
Clear the Clutter
- Clear off counters, especially in the kitchen and bathroom. Leave minimal decorative items.
- Clean out cabinets, cupboards, drawers, closets and pantry so they look roomier.
- Think home staging – Remove oversized furniture that makes the room look smaller and cramped.
- Stage rooms to promote their purpose. For example, remove the exercise equipment from the office.
- Remember to keep it nuetral. When your home is shown to potential buyers, they need to be able to picture thier things in there, so remove personal items like family photos, refrigerator magnets / clutter, certificates and awards, CD / DVD collections and books.
Deep Clean your Home
- Remove odors. We recommend Fresh Wave to eliminate odors that are hard to get rid of.
- Paint the walls, clean the baseboards.
- Make the bathroom & kitchen spick and span.
- Wash the windows.
- Clean out the fireplace.
- Clean carpets including rugs & drapery.
Increase Curb Appeal
- First impressions are everything. Make the front door area look inviting and clutter-free.
- Fertilize for greener grass, edge and mow the lawn. Happy lawn, happy home!
- Add fresh mulch to the beds.
- Consider adding a pop of color and landscape your yard with a new vibrant flower or plant.
- Meet with us in our office so we can officially get the process started.
- We can recommend some wonderful preferred home stagers if you need help.
- Order a home inspection.
- Take care of any necessary repairs.
Our team is proactive and cares about the details. When you hire The Cowan Connection Team to sell your home, we walk you through the checklist and do what we can to make the home selling experience as smooth as possible.
So start packing! Did you know that Summer is the best time to sell your home?