Need to sell your home fast?
Here are 7 great tips that will help you sell your home faster.
- The first impression is the only impression. You never have a second chance to make a first impression. It’s important to make people feel comfortable, welcome and secure as they near your home. Prim up the exterior of your home with shrubs and brightly colored flowers. Curb appeal is always a simple yet effective upgrade with a great return of your investment. Front doors and foyers are also crucial for first impressions. Make it inviting by adding a small bench or a vase of fresh cut flowers.
- The kitchen is most important . Remodeling your kitchen will probably yield 85% of your money back. It is typical for the buyer to take up to $10,000 off the asking price for kitchen upgrades when it could only cost you a few thousand dollars to replace the countertop. A quick fix is udating the hardware on the cabinets and slapping on a neutral coat of paint. If you are going to update appliances then get stainless steel, even if it is only one item.
- Don’t go overboard on the upgrade. Quick fixes prior to selling always pay off, whereas larger makeovers, not as much. Be prepared not to get your money’s worth if you do a large scale improvement before you put your house on the market. So instead, do updates that will pay off such as adding a fresh coat of paint on the walls, cleaning the curtains or go buying some inexpensive new ones. Clean the grout and fix leaky faucets. Replace cabinet hardware, door handles and make sure closet doors are on track.
- Animal lovers. Not everybody is a dog or cat enthusiast. If you’re planning an open house, board your cat or dog for the day and remove the kitty liter and dog food bowl.
- Pricing it right. Find out what your home is worth and be aggressive. Our team of professionals will help you price your house to sell fast!
- Closet trick. Perception is everything so take half the items out of your closets and organize what’s left so the buyer see’s extra storage space.
- Lighten the way. Maximize the light in your house. Take down the curtains, get the windows cleaned, increase the wattage of your light bulbs and trim the shrubs outside to let in the natural light. Do whatever it takes to let the sun shine in, this will instantly make your home more sellable.
We hope these 7 Best Kept Secrets For Selling Your Home Faster is helpful! Be sure to share it with a friend or family member who is planning to move.
Find out what your home is worth and then call us to help you go from leaving your current home to buying and moving into your next home with a team of professionals who have your back the entire process (678) 631-1758.