Price Your Home To Sell Smartly and Simply
It seems that there is a $10k juggling job when deciding how to price your home to sell. You don’t want to ask too much or it could be a deal breaker but you also don’t want to leave $10k on the table. Pricing your home for sale can be complex. When looking at $200k, $300k, $700k priced homes, it’s easy to be unconcerned about $10k here or there.
Price your home correctly in a competitive market. Follow these tips:
First of all, keep it simple. When selling your home, pricing and packaging are two of the most basic elements. And since no two homes are the same, making that distinction between your home and the handful of others is paramount.
Where pricing is concerned, establishing that sweet spot in the “asking price” is crucial, here are a few things you must consider:
- Past sales. This is the foundation for any solid pricing strategy. Take the time to analyze past sale stats for homes in your area and areas similar to yours. This will give you a clear understanding of the true market value and is the first step in establishing your list price.
- Focus on past sales, not active listings. Active listings have not sold yet, therefore, they are not a good gauge when deciding on your best list price for your home.
- Do not overprice because you think you have “time.” Time is of the essence and you never have the time you think you have when it comes to selling your home. It really does depend on the market at the time. You need to know what the current market is like where you live. You don’t want your home to just sit, nor do you want to be chasing the market and worse yet, you don’t want to loose money.
- Think like a buyer. What are the key things that you value in a home? Is it a large Master bedroom, an updated kitchen or a finished basement? These are probably similar features that your buyer wants in a home as well. We are happy to speak with you about current buyer trends. Buyers will find issues to any home, as none is perfect, but it is interesting how fast objections dissipate when the price is compelling.
- Home staging could help. Did you know that a staged home is a happier home and will usually sell for more money according to RESA and a staged home typically spends 73% less time on the market than a non-staged home. Learn more about how home staging sells homes faster.
Studies have shown that the first two weeks on the market are the most beneficial to your success. During these first several days, your home will be exposed to all active buyers. Don’t loose your mojo by pricing too high from the very beginning; you only get this one chance to grab their attention in this way. Make sure your pricing highlights your home in a positive way.
Hire an agent or team with a Marketing Team behind them, like ours. This one is a no-brainer. We are professionals and will be able to assist you with all these facets.
If you are even slightly considering the sale of your home, please check out our Home Seller’s Checklist to help you keep track of your “things to do” list while selling your house.
Do you live in the Metro Atlanta and Cobb County area? Find Out What Your Home Is Worth.
If you still have any questions, feel free to give us a call fill out the form below to discuss the right price for your home. (678) 631-1758.